Cedar Wood Recruitment is currently seeking an experienced GM to run a game lodge in the Limpopo Province.
KEY FOCUS AREAS
Leadership & Management
– Maintain and ensure the good will of theLodge brand at property level;
– To ensure the Lodge management perform to the company standard, having a tangible presence with guests and staff;
– To ensure the management structure of the Lodge is streamlined and effective and in line with hospitality trends;
-Attend monthly management meetings and provide regular reports.
Development & Staff Management
– To earmark and develop individuals who show potential to grow into positions;
– To manage the implementation of training plans;
– Provide effective leadership through professional employee relations and encouragement of all subordinates, including mediation.
• Communication & Systems
-To maintain the use of existing systems in line with company Collection standards;
-To ensure both verbally and through effective communication platforms, that the front-line staff communicate accurately and articulately with all guests.
• Human Resources & Community
-To build and maintain good employee relations, ensure HR policies, procedures and disciplinary code are upheld;
-Strategically initiate & develop succession plans within the employee base;
-Maintain and support good relations within the surrounding communities.
• Financial & Compliance
-Compliance to all operational expenditure budgets during the annual budget setting, process for presentation to General Manager of Operations;
-To ensure compliance with set operational variable costs;
-To attend monthly meeting with company Collection Financial Manager
-To ensure relevant operating licenses are in place and current.
REQUIREMENTS – QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
✓ Grade 12 (essential)
✓ Degree/Diploma in Management/Finance/Tourism (advantageous)
✓ At least 5 years’ experience in senior Lodge Management positions
✓ MS Office Suite
✓ Proven track record of having made targets and managed medium size teams