Executive Housekeeper required for a game lodge in the Limpopo province.
POSITION Executive Housekeeper
ABOUT THE POSITION REQUIREMENTS, DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
– BEE candidate
– 5 years previous Housekeeping experience in a management or
supervisory role at large hotel/lodge
– Previous staff management (skilled and unskilled level)
– Proficient on Outlook, MS Word and Excel
– Valid SA ID
– Good numeric and administrative skills
– Ability to lead, plan, organise and delegate
– Ability to liaise at all levels
– Self-starter, go getter and suitable initiative
– Good people management skills
– Able to manage a pool of staff working shifts.
– Knowledge of full range of chemicals and various cleaning
– Candidate must be able to walk extensively throughout the day as
the position is not office based
– Administer all housekeeping and all laundry facilities and ensure
secure environment for all staff.
– Schedule all work for weekends and evening hours and assist
Manager on Duty to prepare schedule for staff and organize an
efficient everyday care of all buildings and public areas.
– Ensure cleanliness of all office areas.
– Administer efficient working of the housekeeping department at all
times and supervise all work and ensure compliance to all
operational standards and organization regulations.
– Monitor all sub activities for departments and maintain records of
all expenses and control all costs for department and recommend
ways to increase efficiency.
– Monthly stock count of all amenities to be done and ordering to be
co-ordinated with Resident/Assistant Resident Manager.
– Design all housekeeping policies and procedures according to
required standards and schedule all rotational duties for staff.
– Maintain safety and hygiene and perform all appraisals for staff
regularly and coordinate with front office staff.
– Manage and analyse all incoming supplies and ensure compliance
to all specifications and prepare all reports to be presented to
– Day to day operational management of the lodge (Lodge & Share
Block Rooms and Public Areas)
– Staff management including IR, manpower development and
– Maintain discipline by using the Company’s disciplinary code and
procedures, as well as attending to grievances
– Manage the assignment of work schedules and drawing up rosters
– Responsible for the on-going training and development of all staff
– Managing and review performance of staff
– Build and maintain professional client partnerships
– Regular meetings with on site management team
– Conduct weekly meetings with the heads of department
– Liaise and negotiate at all levels
– Control of direct expenses and budget management
– Oversee the upkeep of equipment on site and stock management
– Maintain a high standard of performance and image of the
LEVEL Middle Management
SALARY – Salary negotiable within reason & dependent on experience and
– 5% Provident – forms part of CTC package (compulsory
– Medical aid is available for individual only & the company will pay
50% of the employee’s membership but is restricted to Classic
Saver or below option on Discovery (voluntary membership)
– The remuneration will be discussed at the interviews or upon
– Live-in Position & Meals provided on duty – single accommodation