A busy safari camp in Tanzania is currently looking for a professional and experienced single manager.
- coordinate, direct and manage the overall operation to achieve maximum profitability, ensure guest satisfaction, protect the financial aspects of the business and maintain the property – all while following the company guidelines and manuals.
- Submit detailed monthly reports on cost control, sales, feedback, logistics, maintenance and activities while providing analysis and proposing directions. You do feel comfortable working with budget and forecast sheets in excel, keeping track of the camps performance.
- supervise Heads of Departments and the office assistants on a day to day basis through direct communication and reporting on their activities.
- plan and organize all offered activities with maximum efficiency considering available assets and guests wishes.
- oversee Human Resources matters including training, assigning work, payroll, coaching/counselling and performance appraisals in order to meet the required standards of performance. Firing and disciplinary actions will need the approval of your superior.
- ensure that quality standards are met in all areas of the operation as it relates to the appearance, levels of maintenance and cleanliness; establishes and upkeep of (preventative) maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the premises.
- oversee the guest service function to ensure a smooth operation and ensure excellent guest service is delivered.
Skill / requirements
- tertiary qualification: a degree or diploma in hospitality / tourism or similar a must.
- 3 to 5 years experience in a similar position
- contactable references
- strong admin skills
- competence in Google Drive, MS office
- flexibility to adapt to company systems and structures
- strong leadership skills, yet committed to teamwork
- passionate, energetic and structured
- guiding background or a proven passion for the bush is an advantage
- candidate needs to be willing to work in remote area for extended periods of time
|Job Category||Lodge Management|